- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) butter, more for pan and parchment paper
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, such as muscovado
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or 3/4 cup whole walnuts
2. Whisk in chocolate mixture. Fold in flour just until combined. If using chopped walnuts, stir them in. Pour batter into prepared pan. If using whole walnuts, arrange on top of batter. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until shiny and beginning to crack on top. Cool in pan on rack.
Yield: 15 large or 24 small brownies.
Note: For best flavor, bake 1 day before serving, let cool and store, tightly wrapped